Total Pageviews

Subscribe by Email

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Local Sanctuary

After attending the viewing of Quantum Activist, I filled out a sheet expressing interest in future such events. I got a call from a friend, who was in attendance requesting that I attend a meeting this morning to discuss the idea of a local sanctuary/community space for primarily alternative healing/education use (yoga classes, meditation hall, education space, metaphysical book club etc).

I think I mentioned...I'm not a group oriented person. I'm a loan wolf. But I love this local pracititioner, and it was in support of her dream that I attended. There were about 10 or so people there (with those coming and going), and a discussion was held.

Very interesting, brave and innovative concept. The owner of the building was there and he's very flexible with use and terms and supports the goals. Now I'm thinking, because I attended, does that put me on the hook for the steering committee, and other such groups as it unfolds? Please no.

It is hard to support someone at the same time saying "this is a cool idea, but not my dream". I can hold space, send energy, say prayers and occasionally do a task here and there when needed. But I had to come home and let the buzzing subside, just from sharing space with other people. Meeting was at 10 and at 12:15 they were breaking for lunch (which was being provided)...I was thinking...oh I'll go for an hour and be back. I slipped out at the break.

Lord-a-mercy, I am not a group girl. I don't play well with others.

However, it will be interesting to watch this unfold, and interesting to watch myself and my ability to set boundaries for myself. I let you know if I knuckle under and end up chairing the board of directors or some god-awful thing like that. I'm already the chair for a non-profit, but they aren't off the ground yet, and my hope is to beg off when they are. They needed support for their dream, and some names on paperwork. Hey, I can DO that.

No comments:

Post a Comment