Total Pageviews

Subscribe by Email

Friday, April 20, 2012

Movie Review: The Secret of Moonacre

The Secret of Moonacre is a children's fantasy movie where there are two dimensions taking place simultaneously, the fantasy and the reality, the past and the present.

I'm going to have to admit to a bit of ignorance on the story line and ending.  I had a headache the evening we watched it, and I fell asleep about 2/3 into it.

My guess is...they all lived happily ever after and the feud was ended, pride was put aside, and the magic pearls were put to their proper use.

As for story line, these movies always have a quest and a problem to be overcome, which often involves a mini lesson on some human frailty;  in this case, stubborn pride and vengeance as well as the hunger for power and wealth, even if it means everybody loses.

The movie is a film adaptation of the book by Elizabeth Goudge called The Little White Horse.  It was directed by the same director of Bridge to Terabithia, Gabor Csupo.  It has the fantasy flavor of Bridge to Terabithia, Willow, Labyrinth, Never Ending Story, and the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe series.

Even though I can't really judge fairly, given that I fell asleep, I enjoyed it.  I often enjoy the costumes, and the sets of fantasy films most...often more than the storyline, which are often repetitious and predictable.  If you like the aforementioned movies, you may enjoy this one too.  Plus it's actually safe to watch with your kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment